Reims Champagne Full-Day Tour from ParisBack
- Tastings of one of the grands crus of Champagne: Mumm cellar.
- Wonderful exploration of Champagne, with an experienced guide.
- You can choose an option that provides transportation from/to your Paris residence.
- Explore the beautiful countryside around the vineyards of Champagne.
Full day excursion to the city of Reims and its region, known all over the world for the production of a unique and prestigious product that needs no introduction: Champagne. As part of this tour, your guide will show you the majestic 13th-Century Reims Cathedral, where the coronations of the Kings of France once took place. You will also visit Mumm cellar, one of the famous Champagne houses, where you can taste Champagne and admire the picturesque landscape of the region's vineyards.
Set off from our meeting point at the Pullman Paris Eiffel Tower Hotel at 07:45 a.m. for a memorable day in the Champagne Region to the east of Paris (arrival scheduled for around 10:30 a.m.).
Begin your excursion with a guided visit of the cellars of the famous Mumm Champagne house, where you will learn about their expertise and the secrets behind the creation of their many Champagnes. At the end of your tour, taste the famous "Red Ribbon" Champagne, one of the most popular Champagnes in the world.
Spend your free time exploring Reims city center and enjoy lunch in one of the many restaurants in beautiful Erlon Square, for example. Sample the many specialties of the region, such as "white pudding," a type of sausage from Rethel, Chaource and Langres cheeses, and the famous Reims pink biscuits.
The afternoon brings the chance to discover the surrounding countryside and its pretty villages, forests and prestigious Champagne vineyards that stretch as far as the eye can see. You will go to Mutigny for an experience in the heart of the region's vineyards. A local guide will welcome you and take you through the vineyards where he will explain the work of the wine harvest. This walk will end at the church of Mutigny, where a local producer from the Sentier du Vigneron will be waiting for you. Outside, you will enjoy a first tasting of Champagne while enjoying a splendid view of the vineyards. You will then follow the winemaker, who will explain the steps of the winemaking process. He will show you some of his vintages and punctuate his remarks with amazing saber strokes on a bottle. This authentic visit will end with a second glass of champagne to finish the day in beauty!
Departure from Mutigny is scheduled at 4:00 pm for an arrival at the Pullman Paris Eiffel Tower Hotel around 6:30 pm.
What is included?
- Services of an English speaking guide.
- Visits of the wine cellar Mumm followed with a tasting.
Pullman Paris Eiffel Tower Hotel
18 Avenue De Suffren, Entrance at the 22 Rue Jean Rey, 75015 Paris. Meet our representative with a Paris City Vision sign
Metro : Line 6, Bir Hakeim
Good to know
- The price does not include lunch.
- While the grape harvest season is taking place between mid-August and end of September, wine making is carried out from mid-September till end of October.
- On-site visit duration: 6h30.
- This tour is not accessible for people with reduced mobility.
- The temperature in the cellars is quite low (around 10°): make sure you have warm clothes for the visit of the cellar.
- Please contact us to know the avaibility of this tour.
Activity on request, please contact your reception or concierge to book
2 calendar days prior service: 50% of tour price (Central European Time). 1 calendar days prior service: 100% of tour price (Central European Time).
Excellent from A to Z
I usually don't leave reviews, but everything was perfect so I believe a 5* is well deserved.